10 Online Masters in Clinical Psychology Schools
Psychology is an ever-changing field of medicine, and today there are more options than ever before for students planning to major in psychology. Many students choose this field of study because they are fascinated by delving into the human mind and discovering ways to help people with a variety of mental health issues. This is a great option for any student interested in the human mind, because there are so many new areas in the field that you can specialize in. Here are the ten best online Masters in Clinical Psychology schools.
- Chicago School of Professional Psychology - The Chicago School has a program for a Master of Arts in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. The program teaches students about how to more effectively maximize the work force of any company. The program offers specializations in Workplace Diversity, Consumer Psychology, Organizational Effectiveness, and Leadership for Healthcare Professionals. The Chicago School is the oldest nonprofit college offering graduate psychology programs. The degree can be earned in 20 months. Regional accreditation is the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sacred Heart University is one of the country's best schools for psychology programs. They offer a Master of Science in Applied Psychology. Fieldwork projects are included in the curriculum. You may choose Industrial-Organizational Psychology or Community Psychology. Regional accreditation is from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Argosy University provides a Master of Arts in Forensic Psychology. Students find positions as law enforcement agents, juvenile counselors, therapists, and educators. Highlights of the program include Psychology of the Victim, Maladaptive Behavior and Psychopathology, Evaluation and Treatment of Offenders, and Individual Assessment. Accreditation is by the APA. Argosy University is one of the top choices for online psychology students, because they have features that some of the other online universities don't provide. Argosy provides an excellent support center for students, and features a number of interactive programs.
- Northcentral University offers a Master of Arts in General Psychology. The faculty was especially trained to teach online. Classes include Theories of Personality, and Multicultural Issues in Psychology, and Theories of Human Development and Functioning. The program has flexible start dates. Regional accreditation is from the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Walden University offers online degrees from the School of Counseling and Social Service, in a learning environment that's flexible. A Bachelor of Science in Child Development is offered, and you can focus entirely on relevant specializations in the field.
- Bellevue University offers clinical degrees in Master of Science in Clinical Counseling. All credits for Associates degrees are accepted. A Master of Science in Healthcare Administration is offered, and coursework in psychology, sociology, and counseling is studied.
- Alder School of Professional Psychology has full accreditation from several accrediting bodies and is the oldest school focusing entirely on psychology. You'll have a Masters in clinical Psychology from one of the most highly-respected schools in the country.
- Kaplan College holds accreditations from several respected agencies, and allows students the unique opportunity to take the first 5 weeks of coursework without charge, while deciding if Kaplan is for them. A number of specializations are available and all coursework is completed online at the student's convenience. If you decide not to continue with your studies at Kaplan College, you don't owe the school anything for tuition. You only have to pay a minimal application fee. This is a unique opportunity to begin studies while deciding if the program is what you want.
- Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center offers clinical degrees in several areas. You may choose a MA in Psychology, an MA in Psychology Creative Studies, or a PhD in psychology.
Since these online graduate schools provide flexible schedules, lower tuition rates than some schools, and full accreditation, they're a good option for the student who wants to complete their degree program by distance learning, or wants to study at their own pace. It's easy to earn your degree online when you choose one of the schools listed here. Find more about Masters in Clinical Psychology.