15 Highly Rated Clinical Psychologist Graduate Programs
People who hold Clinical Psychology Masters degreeshave a variety of career options available to them. A majority of psychologists choose to work in their own private practices. Healthcare facilities also have a need for qualified psychologists. The following are some of the schools for graduate programs in clinical studies:
- University of California, Los Angeles - Students are selected based on experience and proven interest. The department has received continuous accreditation from the American Psychological Association. Resources for clinical work include the David Geffen School of Medicine, the Semel Neuropsychiatric Institute and the Department's own Psychology Clinic.
- University of Washington - The university is one of the Academy of Psychological Clinical Science's founding members. A multi-disciplinary approach is focused on research careers. The curriculum helps students with specialized research interests work towards their goals more effectively.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison - The program is for students with an existing master's degree in clinical psychology. The school has over 100 years of academic experience in the field of clinical psychology. First-year research projects are required, and students are encouraged to have works published.
- University of California, Berkeley - The curriculum has a focus on scholarship and research. Supervised research and seminars are included, along with classroom courses. Students may take additional courses in other concentrations for a more enriched experience.
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities - It is ideal for students who already hold an online Masters in Clinical Psychology who want to pursue a Doctorate. There are 9 different specialized concentrations, including cognitive and brain sciences. Involvement in original research is strongly encouraged.
- Indiana University, Bloomington - A variety of degrees are offered, giving students the necessary courses to enter a graduate program. Students are able to use research labs and receive one-on-one mentoring. The school's approach allows students to work in a variety of fields.
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - The school offers a child/family track and an adult track. Its program is a member of the Academy of Psychological Clinical Science. American Psychological Association accreditation has been offered since 1949.
- Yale University - Several concentrations are offered according to student interests. Weekly seminars are offered for all concentrations. Practicum opportunities are available at a number of area facilities.
- Duke University - Training is offered in several sub disciplines. Students are also encouraged to pursue research outside their specialty. Collaborative research is greatly emphasized and openly encouraged.
- Pennsylvania State University, University Park - All students receive quality scientific training through the program. Top-rate research methods are taught from the beginning. A variety of disciplines are involved in research.
- Stony Brook University, SUNY - Several areas of study are offered, including bio psychology. More than 800 PhD degrees have been awarded. Collaborative projects allow students from different concentrations to work together.
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign - The program is over 100 years old, with cutting-edge methods. 9 different concentrations are available. Counseling-related programs are also offered.
- University of Iowa - Some of the most-recognized psychologists went to University of Iowa. Active research is part of the graduate curriculum. A cross disciplinary program allows students to collaborate on a wider range of projects.
- University of Pennsylvania - The school has the oldest psychology department in North America. Many research areas overlap, for a more thorough experience. Students are also not restricted to sub fields.
- University of Pittsburgh - A cross-discipline approach is taken. Students have the opportunity to collaborate on fascinating projects. The department has existed since 1904
These and many other schools are excellent options for psychology students. When you desire to choose a psychology school, it is very important to find one that offers a program that works well for you. Find out more about the programs each school offers before making a final choice.