10 Ultra Cheap MBA Degree Programs Online
10 Ultra Cheap MBA Degree Programs Online
If you don’t have a hundred grand to attend a top-tier business school, there may be are other ways you can pursue a graduate education in business. The following schools all offer online MBAs with tuitions under $30,000, a relative bargain when you consider the average tuition of a two-year MBA program is $85,306 according to Bloomberg Businessweek’s 2012 ranking of 100 business schools.
Our independently-researched list of online MBA programs incorporates schools with curriculums that may help you reach the management level, an infrastructure conductive to online education, and a price we think is reasonable and competitive.
* Tuition rates based on data from each school’s official website. Please visit school websites for the most up-to-date tuition rates as these may change at any time. Tuition costs may not include additional fees (textbooks, application fees, etc.) required by each MBA program. Tuition costs are current as of this article’s publication date.
Matching School Ads
- Baker College Online (**Highly Recommended) offers an online MBA program with areas of specialization that include Accounting, Business Intelligence, Finance, Health Care Management, Human Resource Management, Information Management, Leadership, and Marketing. Tuition cost is $390 per credit hour. Degrees range from 49 credits ($19,110 total) to 53 credits ($20,670)
- Argosy University is a well-known online school that also operates campuses in 13 states. The MBA program available through its online division offers areas of concentration in Corporate Compliance, Finance, Healthcare Administration, International Business, Management, Marketing, Public Administration, and Sustainable Management. Tuition for the degree is $721 per credit hour ($25,956 total).
- Brenau University, based in Gainesville, GA, offers an online MBA program that has helped bring the school into the distance-learning sphere. The school was on the honor roll of U.S. News and World Report’s list of top online graduate education programs in 2012. The 13-course, 39-credit online MBA at Brenau is available with specializations in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources Management, Healthcare Management, Insurance, International Business, and Project Management while also offering a general management degree program. Tuition cost for 2012-2013 is $540 per credit ($21,060 total).
- Southern New Hampshire University was founded in the state's biggest city, Manchester, and has since moved into adjacent states and online. Its online MBA program has 21 areas of concentration in both standard and international versions. Some of the more interesting options include the MBA in Forensic Accounting and the MBA in Social Media Marketing. Tuition for this 39-credit program is $627 per credit hour ($24,453 total).
- Tiffin University is a small institution in Tiffin, Ohio that has chosen to expand its educational outreach by going online. The MBA program they have developed for distance-learning students has eight areas of concentration: Finance, General Management, Human Resources Management, Healthcare Administration, International Business, Leadership, Marketing and Sports Management. Tuition for the entire 36-credit degree program is $25,200 or $1,400 per course.
- Central Michigan University has joined the ranks of top distance educators through its Global Campus, which offers many online degree programs online, including an MBA. U.S. News and World Report listed the school on its Top Online Business Degrees honor roll in 2012, ranking it third in the category of student services and technology. This program has specialization options in Value Driven Organization, Logistics Management, and the IT-heavy ERP Emphasis in SAP Software. Tuition for the 43-credit Logistics Management and 36-credit Value Driven Organization tracks is $600 per credit hour, equaling $25,800 and $21,600 in total tuition respectively. Courses in the ERP Emphasis in SAP track cost more at $1,000 per credit hour.
- Ellis University offers an online MBA degree program in 12 areas of specialization. The core curriculum with electives is 36 credits. Areas of concentration include E-Commerce, Health Care Administration, Information Systems Management, and Risk Management to name a few. The total tuition cost is $12,000 total if paid per month.
- The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth offers a 30-33 credit online MBA through its Charlton College of Business. The program offers 11 concentrations for the degree, and UMass Dartmouth is one of just 10 percent of business schools whose undergraduate and graduate programs are all accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The university prides itself on the flexibility of this program, which can be completed in as little as one calendar year. The tuition and fees for each 3-credit course are $1,767, which means the full degree can cost between $17,670-$19,437 to complete.
- The University of North Alabama rounds out our list of bargain online-MBA schools. The College of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, and offers both its traditional and executive MBA programs fully online. Eight concentrations are available, including Information Systems, International Business, Finance and several others. Both the executive and traditional MBA programs require the completion of 34 credits. Tuition for 2012-2013 is $365 per credit hour ($12,410 total).