Best MAcc (Masters in Accounting) Degree Programs Online & Graduate Rankings
A highly specialized field within the further world of finance, a Masters in Accounting prepares students to take positions within prestigious accounting firms, work independently, or join government agencies. We began our search for the best accounting schools with the latest rankings of Masters in Accounting programs by the US News and World Report. These programs are usually two years of full time study, though this could vary depending on the university.
- Harvard University is home to one of the most prestigious business schools in the world, which offers an MBA in accounting practices. A strong mathematics background is required, which will then help students apply their knowledge to the various accounting problems that may occur during simulations in class. Some of the top subjects that are covered include management, leadership skills, and community outreach.
- Stanford University is home to one of the second highest ranked Masters in Accounting programs in the country. Their first-year Management Foundations course gives students the chance to learn more about the basics that will help guide them in their search to reach their full potential in later years. This is achieved through simulations, role-playing scenarios, and case studies, both in groups and as individuals. The course will culminate in a final research project that puts the skills that have been learned into play.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology is home to a M.Acc course that puts a heavy emphasis on laboratory coursework. This helps students gain a greater hands-on, collaborative feel for the world of accounting and finance, that will be more helpful in real world business situations. One perk that could help distinguish the program even further in the future is the fact that MIT is moving into new facilities in the future, which will have more advanced technological facilities for research projects.
- Northwestern University is home to the Kellogg School of Business, that is well known for being one of the top MBA programs in the nation. They also offer a Masters in Accounting that is just as dedicated in terms of curriculum choice to offering students an unparalleled approach to the modern challenges of the financial world. It's vital to take role playing and simulations seriously in order to be able to handle any real world challenges that may arise. This is achieved through group work and a final thesis project.
- University of Chicago is proud to offer one of the top Masters in Accounting courses in the nation, that takes not only the accounting principles of applied mathematics into their curriculum, but then supplements this with all the other factors that may make a difference in the world of finance. That includes an understanding of sociology, psychology and statistics for a more well-rounded approach.
- University of Pennsylvania offers a variety of different specializations as part of its overall program, including the chance to come up with a specific major that will combine several of these course topics. A Masters in Accounting requires a certain number of core curriculum classes, but these can then be supplemented with a wider variety of electives, including forays into advanced applied mathematical principles and information
- Dartmouth College is home to the Tuck School of Business, which has a unique approach to its Masters in Accounting program. This combines leadership strategies with the hands-on knowledge that is so vital to success in this field. The accounting leaders of tomorrow can benefit from internships that are undertaken while the student is attending on a full-time or part-time basis, both of which are available to help meet student needs.
- University of California Berkeley features a Masters of Accounting program that is offered through the Haas School of Business, which is one of the leaders in the field of finance. With access to the research opportunities that are adjacent to the school in Silicon Valley, students are able to make use of a wider realm of internship possibilities than other rivals on the East Coast.
- Columbia University offers students a unique schedule that is a combination of a core curriculum, and the various elective courses that help make up a full Masters in Accounting degree program. One example of this is the Individual, Business and Society Curriculum, which is also offered to participants of the MBA program. The ethics behind corporate practices are examined along with typical accounting practices.
- New York University has several features that make its Masters in Accounting program stand out, including the fact that students have the option to choose three specializations for their studies out of a total of over 20 electives. That is supplemented with the ability to pick and choose internships from some of the top accounting firms in the heart of New York City.