Best MAFM (Masters in Accounting and Financial Management) Degree Programs Online & Graduate Rankings
When searching for the most appropriate MAFM program for your needs, it's helpful to first consider the latest rankings that have been issued by the US News and World Report. These take into account the various factors that help make Accounting and Financial Management programs stand out from the competition. A MAFM program differs from a regular MAcc program in that extra managerial and leadership courses are added to the curriculum.
- Stanford University is the current leader of the rankings with their attention to detail and flexibility in the Master in Accounting and Financial Management degree program. Students on this track generally already have some degree of accounting experience in the professional world, but wish to build on this with corporate management courses that explore how to set budgets and become a financial advisor.
- Harvard University offers a popular MAFM degree that allows students to choose from several different areas of focus under the umbrella of the core curriculum. This is oftentimes offered as a dual degree program along with an MBA at Harvard School of Business, which can then broaden perspectives of the accounting world and include an international focus.
- University of California Berkeley offers a Master in Accounting and Financial Management core curriculum that can be completed in anywhere from one to three years, depending on whether the student chooses to attend this on a full-time or part-time basis. The course work is then combined with a thesis or research project at the end of the study program, and internships are also highly valuable to gain the types of real world accounting and management skills that are necessary for success in this field.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology is one of the leaders of financial and accounting programs, and also offers a full MAFM program that brings in faculty members from their MBA courses. That can help students gain a greater understanding of different subjects that could range from budget analysis, information technology, and applied mathematics, to managerial techniques and strategy.
- Northwestern University is located in the heart of Chicago, which gives students access to the full range of internship opportunities that the city can afford. This program is specifically geared towards current professionals in the accounting industry who wish to expand their skills and gain a managerial perspective for further career advancement after obtaining the invaluable MAFM degree.
- University of Chicago offers participants a flexible Masters in Accounting and Financial Management program that can help instill a sense of corporate responsibility in their business practices. This is tailored to suit all different schedules, so that students can continue working full-time while advancing their skills and moving up the corporate ladder. For the part-time program, courses are available on evenings and weekends, and there is also a distance learning option.
- University of Pennsylvania is home to one of the oldest MAFM programs in the nation, and as such has a distinguished reputation to uphold with their flexible class schedules and notable speakers. Classroom settings are split up into a mix of lectures, seminars, participatory group work, and a research component for a full look at the world of accounting and how financial management can impact the market as a whole.
- Cornell University is located in Ithaca, New York, and offers students a residential full-time Masters in Accounting and Financial Management degree that is suitable for several different types of students. Those who have already been working as accountants or hold an undergraduate degree in this field may benefit from the addition of financial management techniques, and those who have worked in the business sector but don't have a firm handle on specific accounting practices will also find their horizons broadened.
- Columbia University offers students a diverse curriculum that includes a Masters in Accounting and Financial Management option. The subject matter covered in this course includes statistical analysis, accounting and applied mathematics, and various aspects of leadership and responsibility. The students will have the option at the end of the program to participate in either a research or a thesis project, and work in real time with financial institutions in New York City.
- New York University draws from its proximity to Wall Street to offer students in the MAFM program the ability to participate in internships that can help broaden horizons, as well as the interdisciplinary core curriculum. Dual degree options are available.