Best MChE (Masters in Computer Graphics) Degree Programs Online & Graduate Rankings
Computer Graphics is a field that utilizes a number of technical skills, combined with the ability to branch out and be creative. This could lead to a job as a video game or other software designer, or as a graphic artist using computer equipment. These ranking are based on the latest US News and World Report list for Computer Graphics programs in the USA.
- University of Pennsylvania only founded its Masters in Computer Graphics program in 2004, but since then has risen to number one swiftly. This program exposes recent graduates and mature students alike with development methodology, engineering topics, and graphics or animation technology techniques. All of this is vital to land a job as a computer animator or designer.
- Cornell University has a three year Master's program in computer graphics that covers the digital arts and more advanced and specific topics. These could include advanced computer animation, interactive computer graphics, advanced interactive rendering, a computer graphics seminar, and visual imaging. These degree programs can also be interdisciplinary for those students who want to delve further into possibilities in this field.
- New York University puts its focus on the entertainment industry when crafting its Computer Graphics curriculum. This program is run through the NYU Center for Advanced Digital Applications, and allows students to focus on a number of areas that include technical direction, production techniques, and motion graphics. These can be further narrowed down to either 2D or 3D production for a more advanced learning experience.
- Rochester Institute of Technology has concentrations such as interactive design for mobile devices, 3D digital graphics, information visualization, and game art and design. This computer graphics program allows students to create their own practical approaches to design problems, and gives students access to the Digital Studio 24 hours a day with the latest technological equipment out there on the market today, as well as a number of different software applications and options.
- Savannah College of Art and Design gives students in their Masters in Computer Graphics program the chance to tightly focus on game design, including all of the various steps that it takes to make the move from concept on through to the final production techniques. This includes Internet applications, virtual computing, and any other new technologies that can be explored within this framework.
- Texas A&M University gives graduates a chance at a number of exciting career opportunities through their Masters of Science in Visualization Sciences and Computer Graphics. This features an extensive core curriculum with a focus on all the facets of the technological, scientific, and other foundational aspects of the field. This is then combined with real life experience to gain a firmer foundation of the field and lead to networking.
- School of Visual Arts provides instruction in graphics software, graphic design courses, digital multimedia, and a focus on all of the other computer and mathematical tools that are used in this field of Computer Graphics. Graduates with an MS degree may go on to any number of fields upon graduation, but most choose those that have a creative slant.
- University of California Irvine gives students a choice of two different options for the Master of Science degree. They may choose from either a thesis option at the end of their studies, or an examination option. In either case, they will work closely with a faculty advisor who will approve this study plan, which then must be completed within four years from enrollment in the case of part-time students, or within two years in the case of full-time enrollment.
- Pratt Institute awards Master's certificates and a full Master of Science degree in Computer Science to those students who complete their evolving basic curriculum. That includes courses such as electronic publishing, computer animation and video, computer aided design and visualization, and interactive media.
- Florida Atlantic University has a Master of Fine Arts in Visual Arts degree that includes a concentration in Computer Arts. This puts the strong emphasis on computer graphics as a field, including the basics of using computer software for their artistic purposes. Because this is an advanced creative degree, the student is expected to be able to work independently to achieve satisfactory results. The program includes studio work, seminar discussions, and workshops.