MEM (Masters in Engineering Management) Degree Programs Online & Graduate Rankings
Combing both professional business courses to instill a sense of leadership in students as well as the engineering savvy that is necessary to succeed in a technical market, a Masters in Engineering Management course can be ranked by how successfully it manages to blend these two worlds. The following programs have been ranked the highest according to US News and World Report.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers a Masters in Engineering Management degree that draws from the wide variety of MIT's resources. That includes the possibility to design your own degree in essence, from any number of various engineering possibilities. These can include but are not limited to aerospace systems development, information technology, biological engineering, and supply chain management just to begin with.
- Dartmouth College contains a professional degree program that leads to a Master of Engineering Management. This is taught by distinguished faculty from the Tuck School of Business as well as the engineering department, for a more thorough and multifaceted approach to the field. Engineers with this type of degree may go on to work in research, manufacturing, or start up their own company with the leadership and business skills that are added to a background of engineering knowledge.
- Johns Hopkins University offers a Master of Science in Engineering Management that allows students to select a technical concentration in a variety of areas. These could include nanotechnology, environmental policy, or any other number of management concentrations. Communications, leadership, how to become an entrepreneur, and law are all part of the full range of study options that may be covered in this degree program. Students meet with their own advisor to customize their program of study to the best of abilities.
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor offers a 36 credit hour program mainly of evening classes, to allow students to continue to attend their regular work schedule. A background undergraduate degree in engineering, math, or computer science along with engineering experience is required to pursue an Engineering Management degree. This is a way for students to pursue the dual field of study of technology as well as leadership and management principles.
- Carnegie Mellon University possesses an Engineering and Public Policy department which is part of their College of Engineering. The main subjects addressed in this program include issues of technology and technical policy details. Some subjects that could be explored as an integral part of this degree program include energy and environmental systems, information technologies and policies, and domestic security issues.
- Northwestern University offers both full-time and part-time options to meet student needs. The Masters in Engineering Management program option is also available for application during any academic quarter, and is mainly taken in night classes so that students can continue with their day jobs. Business management courses are combined with other courses inside of the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences.
- Cornell University features a Masters in Engineering Management degree through their School of Civil and Environmental Engineering. This covers subjects such as project management methods, analysis tools, economics, statistics, and other typical business course topics as they apply to the world of engineering. This set of management skills is meant to further the student's current state of engineering knowledge, for a broader scope of job options.
- Stanford University offers a Master of Science in Management Science and Engineering, which is a multidisciplinary degree that draws from both the managerial business world as well as the engineering department. This can be completed in one academic year through full-time course work, although additional courses can be taken if desired. Although students from a wide range of disciplines may wish to apply, those without sufficient background in computer science or engineering will need to take some background courses first.
- University of Texas Austin gives students the option of a two-year program that is meant to fit busy professional schedules. This makes it possible to obtain a master's degree in environmental engineering while still working at the same time, and building your professional skills. Some of the foundation courses that are included in this program include economics, contract analysis and how to negotiate with customers, patents and copyright issues, and other types of business issues that may specifically affect those in the engineering world.
- Portland State University not only has an MS degree that students may pursue, but they also offer a wide range of dual degree options to help suit busy schedules and give a more individualized approach to the programs. Electrical engineering may be combined with Technology Management, Computer Engineering, or any number of other specific courses.
Other Online MEM Programs
Matching School Ads
Walden University Online - United States With more than 42,500 students and more than 38,000 alumni worldwide, Walden is a growing community of learners. Find out more about Walden by connecting with members of our community-students, alumni, and faculty.
Balance your personal and professional commitments while earning a respected Ph.D., master's degree, or bachelor's degree online at Walden University. Programs offered in management, education, psychology and health and human services.
The University of Liverpool Advance your career and increase your earning potential with a masters degree from the University of Liverpool. Study online in small groups of business professionals. Liverpool was the first UK university to deliver an entire degree via e-learning. We were also the first to establish academic expertise in e-business. Take advantage of the benefits of studying at an institution with many years of experience in delivering successful online study programmes.
It has taken me 26 months, which have been all about commitment, patience and diligence. I chose the University of Liverpool because of its reputation for high quality and I chose to study online because I have a family and needed the flexibility. Lee Mah, Canada, MBA
Matching School Ads