MHA Degree Programs Online
MHA Degree Programs Online & Graduate Rankings
The health care field can be extremely complicated, so proper organizational skills and a firm handle on how a health care institution should be run are important for the successful operation of hospitals or health clinics. These are skills covered in the curriculum for the of Masters of Health Administration degree. The following schools offer the options for accredited campus and online programs.
- University of Cincinnati is an Ohio state university that has gotten into online education in recent years with a number of graduate programs. The Master of Health Administration offered online is designed for working professionals, but can be completed in 2½ years of online study. The program is fully accredited as are all allied health and human services programs at this premier institution, which has 41,000 students enrolled on campus.
- Grantham University is an online institution that has several healthcare graduate programs available, among them the Master of Health Administration (MHA) which is a thirty-six credit hour degree that covers every aspect of healthcare management: human resources, health informatics, healthcare financial management, the economics of the industry, and the organizational structure of today's healthcare systems delivery.
- A.T. Still University was established in 1892 by the founder of osteopathic medicine. Today it is an Arizona-based institution with four distinct healthcare related schools that include dentistry, health management, osteopathy, and health sciences. The Master of Health Administration degree is offered as an online option with twelve core courses and three electives. Among the elective options are multiple courses in Health Policy, Health Program Planning, Geriatric Health, and several others.
- Capella University offers the online Master of Health Administration with three areas of specialization. The MHA in General Administration provides training for leadership or management roles within the health systems environment. The MHA in Health Policy is for professionals who are interested in the research and budgetary skills that culminate in policy development. The MHA in Health Care Operations is for the hands-on professional who works in healthcare services delivery. It's a popular dual degree with the MSN.
- Walden University has an online MHA program designed for working professionals who can tackle a graduate level workload while staying on the job. It is formatted in six semesters consisting of two classes each, followed by a capstone course. The six semesters can be completed in two years by including the summer semester for both years and continuing through the program nonstop.
- Ohio University is one of those traditional schools that has opted to expand into distance learning. Among the original group of degree choices the University has put online is the MHA, based on the campus model. This is a good choice for healthcare professionals returning to school, as the admissions standards include at least two years of working experience in a U.S. health field, an understanding of statistics and financial accounting, and established English oral and writing skills. The class format and course load is designed for working students.
- George Washington University is one of the traditional universities in the nation that has chosen to develop an online graduate school. One of the more highly polished programs is the Masters in Health Sciences which is offered in the fields of Clinical Management & Leadership, Health Care Quality, Regulatory Affairs, and Clinical Research Administration. The University's location in Washington DC places it at the center of the regulatory and healthcare quality policy making organizations.
- TUI University has undergone a recent name change, reorganization, and revitalization that includes the addition of three new online graduate programs. One of them is the Master of Health Administration. The University also offers the Master of Health Sciences degree with specializations in Healthcare Management, Emergency & Disaster Management, Health Education, Health Informatics, Quality Assurance, and Clinical Research Administration.