Best MISM (Masters of Information Systems Management) Degree Programs Online & Graduate Rankings
With so much riding on information technology and database systems in the modern business world, it's essential to have continuing generations of professionals who are able to comply with the latest trends and information systems. When ranking the Masters of Information Systems Management programs, there are many factors that are looked at, including the faculty, job placement rate, and how they are ranked on the US News and World Report's annual list.
- Carnegie Mellon University is located in Pittsburgh and is one of the leading schools in any type of technological field. Their Master of Information Systems Management combines computer science as well as aspects of database administration, algorithms, and telecommunications. With full access to research and lab equipment, students are able to make the most of what these prestigious facilities are able to offer.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology is another contender with their Masters of Information Systems Management coursework. The core curriculum consists of a look into networking, database systems management, and how these can work together for the new fields of E-commerce. This is a two-year program that is available on a residential, full-time basis, with a heavy research component to finish off the rest of the coursework.
- American University offers a MISM program that makes use of a combination of research, online studies, and internship opportunities for a full package deal. Online components of the MISM degree can include interacting with other students and professors in chat forums and to work on solving simulated problems that may arise in the technological world.
- University of Washington gives students access to some of the most prestigious and innovative computer equipment and ideology outside of Silicon Valley. Their program has a heavy interdisciplinary component, so students learn not only about the technological ins and outs of this field, but also combine this with leadership and managerial techniques, for a more well-rounded program that puts them in the position to enter upper management upon graduation.
- University of Southern California makes use of the latest forms of technology that are currently available for its Masters of Information Systems degree programs. Those include a heavy emphasis on database systems management, which is extremely useful for anyone interested in archiving information for large corporations or government offices.
- University of Pennsylvania gives students the choice to specialize in one of several different fields of interest, which may range from E commerce and business to database management and archival. Their Masters of Information Systems Management program is available on either a full-time or part-time basis, and has the option for dual degrees or distance learning to give students a heightened level of flexibility with their studies.
- University of California Berkeley is one of the leading universities for those interested in studying the art of Information Systems Management. It is placed close enough to some of the leaders in the information technology sector that students have ample opportunity for internships and guest lecturers from all over the industry.
- George Washington University features their own Masters of Information Systems Management Program that is highly ranked for its individual focus and flexibility of the program. Students may enter with an undergraduate degree in a related field, but professional experience is also taken into consideration for any admissions decisions.
- Brigham Young University has a professionally oriented Masters of Information Systems Management degree program that can lead to a career in a variety of fields. Some of the topics of study could include information systems, database systems, telecommunications, electronic marketing, and others along these lines that give students the very real skills that they need to succeed in a field that currently is offering no shortage of openings to graduates. Those with an undergraduate degree in a similar field will be given priority for admission, but it's possible to be admitted with a background in the liberal arts.
- Pepperdine University is a smaller program, but one that is highly valued for its rigorous coursework in all aspects of the information systems management field. Students are required to complete an internship as part of their studies, and can still benefit from the possibility of completing a research project in the specific field of their interest.