MSEE (Masters in Electrical/Electronics Engineering) Degree Programs Online & Graduate Rankings
Electrical engineering is a highly specific form of engineering that manages to combine the of mathematics, engineering, and physics disciplines into a full program of study that prepares students to come out in the electronics field. The schools, as ranked by the US News and World Report, are those that are able to combine several different disciplines and give students a strong grasp of fundamental concepts of engineering.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology consistently manages to be one of the engineering schools in the country, through the strength of their faculty and facilities. Their Masters in Electrical and Electronics Engineering degree is no exception, and draws in a high number of competitive applicants each year who wish to study the way the physical sciences and their applications.
- Stanford University offers a four quarter program that leads to the eventual MSEE degree. This work can include components in physics, engineering, and mathematics that are completed in group lectures and work groups. That is then supplemented with the option for independent work and individual research, under the leadership of a student or faculty mentor.
- University of California Berkeley features a number of different programs that are meant to help students to discover all the unique facets that the world of electrical engineering has to offer. Their MSEE program includes such areas of focus as physical electronics, programming systems, education, design of electronic systems, biosystems and computational biology, and computer architecture and engineering.
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign recommends that students in the Masters in Electrical Electronics program seek out a faculty member with similar interests, in order to ensure that they are able to complete the independent study and research requirement accurately. A thesis project is required for completion of this intensive course, so that students are better able to narrow down and sharpen their skills in the interest of future career opportunities.
- California Institute of Technology has a long record of academic excellence, with this Masters in Electronic Engineering having been around for a full century, having a large impact on various technologies that have come to define the field. The curriculum has a dual emphasis on electronics and systems, for a full interdisciplinary look at what electronics engineering is capable of.
- Georgia Institute of Technology offers a variety of different concentrations for their students in a Masters in Electrical Electronics Engineering degree program. These may include but are not limited to bioengineering, electric power, optics and photonics, telecommunications, and electric power. There is a highly technical element to all of these options that is enhanced through research programs and internship opportunities.
- Carnegie Mellon University gives students the opportunity to choose their own individualized educational program that matches their specific academic goals. That includes the possibility of choosing from specialties such as bioengineering, robotics, and other electrical facilities. At the end of the study program, students must create a project that utilizes the skills that they have learned throughout the duration of their studies.
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor offers over 100 courses per semester, making it one of the largest MSEE programs in the world. There are Masters and PhD programs available for those students who want to further their education even further. Computer science and engineering, electrical engineering, and systems analysis are some of the programs that can be specialized in.
- Cornell University offers students the opportunity to benefit from a unique, flexible curriculum, and a program that emphasizes problem solving. The courses are taught by some of the world's most renowned experts in the field, and also allow students to benefit from the knowledge of guest researchers and lecturers. Activities around campus further enrich the overall MSEE experience. This can be completed in as little as one year.
- University of Texas Austin gives students the opportunity to choose between either electrical engineering or computer engineering in their larger graduate department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Those who choose to go down the MSEE path will benefit from the research efforts of over eleven different research divisions. This is the first step to your new career as an electrical engineer or other computer professional.