MSPM (Masters of Science in Project Management) Degree Programs Online & Graduate Rankings
To become a project manager, there is a distinct skill set including a firm understanding of the legal and financial processes that go behind any type of project. The following universities have been selected and ranked as having the programs for those wishing to pursue graduate studies in this field. Graduate with an MS in project management could go on to work in an unlimited variety of industries, including within a corporate setting or in a more industrial environment.
- Florida Tech University offers a program in project management to anyone who already holds a bachelor's degree, yet this could be in any field. Students with a mathematics or engineering background are particularly encouraged to apply. This MS program helps prepare students to take on advanced leadership or managerial positions, through a curriculum that emphasizes fiscal responsibility and problem solving skills.
- Walden University offers a unique course online that leads to an MS in Project Management. This takes approximately 22 months to complete, although that will vary depending on the student's time constraints and abilities. The course will prepare students to take on new strategies and manage projects through having students engage in real-world exercises with one another to help facilitate learning.
- Tulane University has a Master of Science in Project Management course that runs on eight week semesters. Some of the subjects that are covered in this program include accounting, business essentials, statistics, marketing, and other financial topics. This is meant to help cultivate business savvy and leadership skills, to help graduates take on ever more complex challenges in the workplace and be team leaders.
- Boston University gives three main goals for their MS in Project Management degree program. That includes preparing students to be able to manage projects of various levels of complexity, help keep the relationship strong in between a project team and customers, and keep a financial balance. To that end, the curriculum is designed to meet all these needs and give students the opportunity to focus more tightly on other aspects of project management such as IT infrastructure or consulting practices.
- Pennsylvania State University has built their MS in Project Management on a firm foundation of leadership skills, professional development, and financial business practices. Course work gives way to a research project at the end of the study period, so that students are able to apply what they've learned and then later be able to take this out into the real world.
- George Washington University has one of the oldest project management programs in the world, based on general management ideas. The foundational courses are then added on to with more specific and advanced managerial techniques, to allow participants to learn how to think on their feet and handle any project that may come their way. Both on campus and distance learning options are available, to allow working professionals greater flexibility.
- Western Carolina University is striving to offer more and more of their courses online at the moment to meet consumer demand, and their MS in Project Management program is no exception. This entire complex degree can be completed online, and is in fact the first accredited Project Management degree in the United States. Teaching, service, and research projects are at the heart of the program, for a more varied and interesting perspective.
- Colorado Technical University offers a concentration in their MS in Project management that includes such choices as conflict resolution, time management, scheduling, and risk analysis. These are but a few of the vital skills graduates need to compete in today's workplace.