Online MBA 'NO' GMAT Required
MBA Programs with 'NO' GMAT Requirement
Because so many working professionals are returning to business school, some of the business schools have begun to look at their graduate programs as a form of continuing education rather than a post-graduate degree for newly minted college graduates. For some of these schools it has made good policy to substitute business experience for test scores; accordingly, they have chosen to make the GMAT an optional part of the applications process or precluded its use altogether. Here is a list of MBA programs that may accept students with the combination of undergraduate GPA and work experience - and that do not require a GMAT score.
Matching School Ads
1. Northeastern University has an online MBA program with eight professional areas of specialization. Applicants must submit transcripts for a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or better. They must have five years of professional experience that includes participation in and leadership of work teams, a degree of financial or budgetary responsibility, and direct staff oversight. Also required are an application essay and three letters of recommendation including one from an employer. Students who do not meet the work requirement may submit other supporting documentation including a GMAT score.
2. Post University requires a MBA applicant to provide transcripts for a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university or college, along with two letters of recommendation from academics or professionals that attest to the applicant's ability to complete graduate work. The MBA options at Post University include seven areas of concentration.
3. Jones International University is an online college with just two graduate divisions: education and business. Admission to the online MBA program requires completion of a bachelor's degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA from a college that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, or completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognized international institution with an equivalent grade point average. The MBA program at JIU has fourteen "majors" or areas of specialization.
4. AIU Online has a MBA program that is open to students who have completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, and maintained a 2.0 GPA in the process. International students are required to provide proof of English proficiency through a TOEFL test score or some other proficiency assessment. The MBA program at AIU offers nine areas of specialization.
5. Capella University offers nine professional areas of specialization for the MBA program. The application requirements include a bachelor's degree from a school accredited by a U.S. Department of Education recognized institution or from a foreign school with international accreditation. Foreign applicants must also provide proof of proficiency in English.
6. Colorado Tech University requires completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university with a GPA of 2.0 or better. Some students may be asked to write an entrance essay. Foreign students will be asked to provide a TOEFL test score or other evidence of English proficiency. The MBA Program at Colorado Tech has eleven areas of specialization available to provide career focus.
7. Western Governors University requires its MBA applicants to submit transcripts verifying the completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited and recognized institution. In addition MBA students must provide evidence of three years' significant experience in business, industry, or a nonprofit organization. The MBA at WGU is available as a general degree, and with specializations in Healthcare Management or Information Technology.
8. Kaplan University makes the online MBA degree available with seven areas of concentration. In order to enroll in this program, an applicant must submit transcripts verifying the completion of a bachelor's degree from a university or college that is accredited by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. There may be a few academic prerequisites, depending on the undergraduate major.
9. Ashford University has an impressive thirteen areas of concentration, or majors, offered for the online MBA degree. Applicants must have completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a GPA of 2.0 or better. Students with a GPA between 2.0 and 2.74 will be on academic probation for their first semester at Ashford. Foreign students who have done no studying in English speaking college classes will be required to submit a satisfactory TOEFL score.
10. Grand Canyon University applicants to the MBA program must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, a minimum of 2 years full-time work experience and a cumulative GPA (grade point average) of 2.75. There may be some academic prerequisites in accounting and statistics. This MBA program has seven areas of specialization to choose from; there is also an Executive MBA program for seasoned business professionals.
11. Grantham University has two specializations in addition to the general MBA curriculum: Project Management, and Information Management. AN applicant to the program must have completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Grantham will accept students with a lower GPA on a probationary basis; they must maintain a 3.0 average for their first two courses at the University.
12. California State University at Monterey Bay offers an Executive MBA program to applicants who can provide verification of a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. The school does not mandate a minimum GPA, but it is a factor in their application analysis. Applicants must also have at least seven years' work experience with three of those being managerial in nature. The admissions packet must also include a personal statement on the purpose for enrolling in the EMBA and a letter of recommendation.
13. South University will accept applications for the online MBA from students who have completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a GPA Of 2.7 or better. Students who do not meet the GPA requirement will be considered for admission will be considered if they take the GMAT and achieve a score that is at the 50th percentile or better.
Matching School Ads