Top 10 Graduate Health Administration Schools
Graduate students who are interested in careers in health administration are those who are interested in becoming leaders in a meaningful way. Students in these programs are concerned with issues such as public health and health policy. They learn about the most up to date health technology and computer systems and learn about the issues affecting today's health care professionals. These degrees can be housed by a number of different schools and colleges, though most often times it is in a school or college related to health studies or health science.
Below are 10 of the best health administration and health management schools in the country. This list is taken from the work done by U.S. News and World Report. This means that many in the field may disagree with the placement, inclusion, or exclusion of some schools. This is not supposed to be a complete list, but only a sample of some of the best. While there may be disagreement as to which school is better than another, it's clear that each of these schools deserves to be recognized for its commitment to excellence.
- University of Michigan--Ann Arbor The School of Public Health has ranked at number one time and time again for the last ten years. The reason is that this school provides its graduate students with a wealth of professional and research opportunities. The school also offers a wide range of flexible master's and PhD degree programs, as well as executive programs for working professionals.
- University of Minnesota--Twin Cities The School of Public Health offers students a unique combination of cutting edge research methodology and clinical field experience. This allows for the relevant professionals, scholars, and policymakers who become leaders in their fields.
- University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill The Department of Health Policy and Management offers master's and PhD degrees for students who are interested in affecting policy in a positive way. The school has for years created leaders who step up into the ranks in the health administration field.
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) The Wharton School of Business offers a healthcare leadership program for students who would like a unique managerial understanding of today's health care policies and health needs.
- University of Washington The Department of Health Services Administration teaches its graduate students to work within various health systems and networks and to transcend the typical and improve policy through an understanding of today's issues and challenges.
- Virginia Commonwealth University This is one of the oldest and most established health administration programs in the country. This school prepares scholars and leaders alike by teaching them about current issues and theories and methods that have been proven successful over time.
- University of Alabama--Birmingham The Department of Health Services Administration is the only one of its kind in the state and one of the best in the country. Graduate students are encouraged to not only conduct individual research projects but to get involved in the community for firsthand experience.
- Northwestern University (Kellogg) The Kellogg School of Management offers some unique MBA options for students who would like business degrees that will help them to excel in the world of professional medicine and health care.
- University of California--Berkeley The Haas School of Management offers exceptional health care management graduate programs for students with prior professional experience in health care who would like to excel in their professions with increased leadership and research skills.
- University of California--Los Angeles The School of Public Health offers a number of innovative administrative graduate programs.