Top 10 Graduate Information Technology Schools
Students who are interested in pursuing graduate degrees in information technology have a passion for using computer and for collecting information. While these graduate programs are heavy on the computer sciences, students will also learn about the practical applications of the methods and skills that they learn. Students will also concentrate on building networks that will help them to enter the profession at a high level. This is one of the most quickly growing fields at the moment, and is also one of the most quickly changing fields.
The list below contains ten of the best graduate information system schools in the country, as compiled by U.S. News and World Report. These schools have demonstrated an ability to place their students in top level positions shortly after graduation. These programs all offer their students access to the most cutting edge technology and research methods in the field. Students leave these programs with experience and an advanced understanding of information technology.
- Syracuse University The School of Information Studies offers a number of doctoral and master's of science degrees for students who are interested in careers in information science and information systems. Students learn about current issues in the information sector as it relates to both private and non-profit organizations. Students also have the opportunity to focus on information management.
- University of Michigan--Ann Arbor The Ross Department of Business Information Technology offers master's degrees and PhD degrees for students who are interested in taking their IT skills into the professional and corporate world.
- Drexel University The College of Information Science and Technology offers students a unique hands-on training that allows them to be a part of the game before they enter it. The college offers a diverse number of options for master's ad PhD students.
- University of Washington The Department of Information Systems and Operations Management offers an executive program that is specifically designed for working professional with IT experience who would like to move ahead in their professions without dropping out of the workforce for education.
- University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign The Graduate School of Library and Information Science is provides graduate information students with an education that will prepare them for careers in education and research. This is a school designed for students who are interested in the non-profit and education aspects of information technology.
- University of Pittsburgh The School of Information Sciences provides students with a vibrant and diverse learning experience that introduces them to other students and faculty members from all over the globe.
- University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill This school offers one of the most well established and respected programs in information systems and information technology. Graduate students are given a wide array of concentrations to choose from.
- Indiana University--Bloomington The Information Systems Graduate Programs are offered by the Kelley School of Business. This allows master's and PhD degree students to learn to attribute their skills and knowledge to today's markets and management practices.
- Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey--New Brunswick The Information Technology degrees are offered by the Rutgers School of Business. Graduate students prepare for their careers by learning firsthand about challenges and issues in today's field.
- University of Maryland--College Park The Department of Computer Science encourages interdisciplinary study for their information technology students, who will learn to apply their skills to a number of different professions and fields. PhD students may also concentrate on research and independent studies.