Five Online Masters in Healthcare Administration Degree Programs
Five Online Master in Healthcare Administration Programs
The Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) has become one of the popular general purpose management degrees on a par with the Master of Public Administration (MPA), the Master of Management, and the Master of Public Health (MPH). By general purpose we mean that these degrees are suitable for employment opportunities in a wide variety of professional settings. Healthcare administration work can be found in the obvious places such as healthcare systems organizations, clinics and public health agencies; and the not-so-obvious environments like insurance companies, corporate human resources departments, and non-profit social service organizations. The MHA has also become a career enhancement choice for thousands of people who have been working in healthcare service delivery and would like to move into policy development or management in the field.
- Capella University offers a sixty unit, fifteen course Master of Health Administration that is available with seven areas of specialization which can help a student focus in on a particular career track. The core courses focus on the key issues confronting health administrators today; among the required classes are Health Care Finance & Reimbursement, Health Care Quality, Risk, & Regulatory Compliance, and Health Care Policy & Law. The areas of specialization available with this degree include Forensics, Fire Service Administration, Health Care Policy & Management, Homeland Security, Public Administration, Public Health, and Public Policy & Management.
- Walden University has a thirty six to thirty nine credit hour Master of Healthcare Administration that is offered in text, audio or video format and is even available via mobile device with the appropriate software. This is a twelve course curriculum that may be enhanced by a practicum conducted in an on-site environment arranged by the student in consultation with a Walden advisor. There are some important basics in this program, classes in U.S. Healthcare Delivery System, Research Methods & Qualitative Analysis, and Health Policy & Economics. Among the advanced courses are Healthcare Informatics, and Operations Analysis.
- Grantham University offers the Master of Healthcare Administration as a thirty six credit hour program consisting of twelve classes. As with most online programs these classes are delivered in sequential order, each taking eight weeks to complete. Students may enroll in an accelerated program that allows completion in less than eight weeks. Among the curriculum highlights are Human Resource Strategies, Management of Information Systems, Healthcare Financial Management, and Modern Organizations in Healthcare.
- Ashford University is based on an Iowa campus and has been in operation since 1918. Today it has a large online presence although the graduate degrees are limited to a manageable few, including the Master of Arts in Health Care Administration. The thirty six credit hour program includes twelve classes, one of which is a capstone project. Among the important early courses are Introduction to Biostatistics, Financial & Managerial Accounting, and Healthcare Information Management Systems. The capstone course focuses on strategic and organizational issues integral to healthcare management.
- Kaplan University offers a fifty two credit hour, thirteen course program for the Master of Health Care Administration. Health Care Ethics and Health Law are two of the mandatory courses in this program, setting the tone for a management degree that has foundation in cultural and legal propriety for healthcare management. Other sections of the curriculum include classes in Health Information Management, Health Care Statistics, Community Health Assessment, and Health Care Marketing.
Find more related information: