Top Five Online Masters in Systems Engineering Programs
Top Five Online Master's in Systems Engineering Programs
Systems engineering is closely related to project management in that it can entail a number of skills in IT and in operational design and development. In some environments systems engineering requires a close analysis of industrial production methods, which in almost every environment today are driven to some degree by information technology. There are very few plants or production facilities today that aren't automated with software management programs or that haven't incorporated some level of robotics into the production line.
1. Regis University is a Colorado based school with several campuses and a comprehensive online program offering undergraduate and graduate degrees. The online Master of Science in Systems Engineering offers a comprehensive curriculum; Regis also has in its graduate IT catalog certificate programs for Database Administration with Oracle and Enterprise JAVA Software Development, two graduate level additions to the engineering degree that can help you target entry level job opportunities in two important business oriented systems design protocols.
2. Western International University has a Master of Science in Information Systems Engineering with a curriculum subdivided into three categories. There are three prerequisite courses that precede the graduate level work, in Analysis & Design of Information Systems, JAVA Programming, and Fundamentals of Programming in a Web Context. The other two divisions are the core courses and the systems engineering specialization courses, which include Security Systems Engineering, Project Verification, and Intrusion Detection & Analysis. This degree has substantial focus on information assurance engineering and techniques.
3. University of Maryland University College (UMUC) offers a Master of Science in Information Systems and Services which has a curriculum very similar to that offered in a systems engineering program. Graduates from this program work as systems analysts and system development managers. Course work includes interaction of technology, organizational behavior, strategic planning, project management, and systems analysis, all of the components required for systems engineering.
4. Keller School of Management has an online Master of Information Systems Management with ten areas of concentration that allow the student to sharpen engineering skills in a number of IT areas. Those include Information Security, Data Administration and Management, Wireless, Global Outsourcing Management, Health Information Systems Management, Project Management, Electronic Commerce, Information Systems Tools, Information Systems Applications and Network Management.
5. Walden University offers an online Masters in System Engineering that is designed for experienced systems engineering professionals who recognize the personal and professional value of an advanced degree. There are two areas of specialization available: one is a general format providing an overall curriculum for advanced system engineering and the other is centered on operations. This second option focuses on system engineering for large scale operations, providing that broad scope of analysis that makes system engineering a job of assembling a group of systems that have been engineered to stand alone and designing a way that will allow them to function as a unit.
The five schools we have listed here focus on the information technology skills required for systems engineering, and properly so. Most employers are looking for a systems engineer who can incorporate technology tools into a business operation in order to improve efficiency, minimize production errors and provide assistance to company personnel. Systems engineers may confront production issues or may become involved in bringing a CRM system online. They may be required to incorporate accounting and financial analysis tools into a working communications and data system. This profession calls for a lot of flexibility, in some cases for specialized business experience, but always for polished data management tools that allow for integration of various business operations components.
Find more related information: