US News Online MBA Rankings 2010/2011
US News Online MBA Rankings
If you screen the US News & World Report listing of online MBA programs for accreditation status, most of the schools that come up on the approved list are public universities or large private schools that have entered the online education sector. Here are ten of the top ranked MBA programs that are now accessible online. Many of these schools have an assortment of MBA options: full time, part time, and the Executive MBA, designed for professionals with eight or ten years' business experience. Some require an element of on-campus participation.
1. Arizona State University has a two year online MBA program. The areas of concentration are Finance, International Business, Marketing, and Supply Chain Management.
2. Syracuse University offers the iMBA program, which is a part time course of study in which students take two classes per semester and complete the program in three years. A one week period of residency on campus or at one of several remote sites is required each year. The iMBA program is ranked in the top fifty by US News & World Report.
3. Benedictine University has two online tracks for their accredited MBA program. The areas of concentration include Accounting, Finance, Marketing, International Business, and two others.
4. Northeastern University has one of the most comprehensive online education programs among the large traditional schools. The online MBA offers specializations in Finance, Healthcare Management, Technology Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, and three others.
5. St. Joseph's University offers two formats for the online MBA: eight week semesters and fifteen week semesters. Any prerequisite courses must be taken on campus, but all MBA classes are online. Areas of concentration that are currently available are in Finance, and Business Intelligence.
6. University of Texas/Dallas offers an online Global MBA for students with extensive business experience who live out of the Dallas area or travel on business constantly. There is also an online MBA in Project Management. The Professional MBA at UTD is ranked 24th among public universities by US News and World Report.
7. Florida State University has an online MBA program that takes approximately 28 months to complete, requiring thirteen courses spread over a little more than two school years. There is also an online MBA with specialization in Real Estate available online and a Global Business option.
8. University of Nebraska has a 48 credit hour online MBA that includes 18 credit hours of core courses, 12 credit hours of cross-functional requirements, and 18 credit hours of specialization classes, which can be in Finance, Accounting, Agribusiness, or International Business.
9. Golden Gate University in San Francisco is a little-recognized, quality graduate level university that has been operating for over 100 years. The online MBA program offers specializations in Accounting, Finance, Human Resource Management, and five other options.
10. Auburn University offers the online MBA program that is essentially a duplicate of the on campus experience delivered in streaming video. Specializations include Economic Development, Finance, Logistics, Management of Technology, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, and four others.