US News Rankings Online Graduate Schools 2011
US News Rankings Online Graduate Schools
The rankings for top graduate programs in US News and World Report are provided by academic category. The list we have presented here combines overall university rankings or the ranking for a particular graduate school that happens to also provide an online education component. For that reason our list is a mixture of highly ranked universities and individual, highly ranked graduate schools. There is a continuing migration among traditional universities to the ranks of online educators, which is bringing more and more accredited graduate schools within reach of distance learning students.
- Northwestern University is the ranked 12th best among the country's universities by US News and World Report. The medical school is ranked eighteenth in the nation. The online Master of Health Informatics at the university is a multidisciplinary program developed in collaboration between the computer science department and the School of Medicine.
- University of Illinois at Chicago has the 15th finest graduate School of Public Health in the U.S. according to US News and World Report. The online Master of Public Health degrees available include specializations in Health Policy & Administration, Public Health Informatics, and Community Health Sciences.
- University of Southern California is ranked 23rd by US News and World Report, putting it in the top 25 for all universities in the US. The School of Engineering is ranked 10th in the nation and it offers a remarkable twenty five Master of Engineering degrees online.
- University of New England is a master's degree college ranked among the top regional schools in the Northeast by US News and World Report. UNE offers an online Master of Social Work (MSW) and an online Master of Education (MEd) with five areas of specialization.
- University of Florida is ranked 15th among public universities in the nation. The School of Engineering is ranked 15th nationally, and the School of Business is ranked 37th. There are six Master of Engineering degrees available online at UF, and three Master of Education (MEd) degrees.
- University of Cincinnati is ranked as one of the top twenty research universities in the nation. The School of Nursing offers the MSN online with six areas of specialization, and the School of Education offers the MEd with ten areas of specialization.
- Northeastern University is ranked among the top 70 best universities in the nation. Online graduate programs include the Masters in Computer Engineering, Master in Health Informatics, Master of Public Administration (MPA) and Masters in Criminal Justice.
- Boston University is ranked 56th among all universities in the nation; the School of Management is ranked 31st. Among the online degrees at BU are Masters in Management with five specializations, Masters in Art Education and Master of Health Communication.
- Portland State University is one of the top ranked regional schools in the Northwest according to US News & World Report; the School of Business is the largest in the Northwest and ranked 1st by the Aspen Institute Center for Business Education. PSU has an online MBA program, an online MSW degree, and two Master of Engineering programs.
- Western Governors University is a unique institution, founded in 1997 by a bi-partisan group of 19 governors to make education accessible to deserving students with little financial means. The online graduate programs include The Master of Education (MEd), the MBA, and the MSN, all with several areas of concentration.